From new, interactive tales to classic favorites that I cherished as a kid, my daughter's book collection is something we both cherish. Here are my top 12 children's books that kids love to listen to and adults love to read too (because there's only so many times you can read Hop on Pop):
3) Busy Bunny Days by Britta Teckentrup - Searching for Benny the Badger and seeing what trouble he is getting into is always fun!
4) The House on 88th Street by Bernard Waber - A classic from my childhood that makes me reminisce. Plus, who doesn't love a dancing crocodile?
5) One Dark Night by Lisa Wheeler - Suspenseful and fun to read out loud with all of the different character voices.
6) The Red Lemon by Bob Staake - Rhyming fun and groves of red lemon trees!
7) Next Stop Grand Central by Maira Kalman - Loads of funny images and adventures at Grand Central.
8) Snow by P.D. Eastman - A good book for early readers and also for reminding us how playful and exciting snow can be.
9) William & the Missing Masterpiece by Helen Hancocks - The Mona Cheesa is stolen from a museum in Paris and William the Cat investigates.
10) LMNO Peas by Keith Baker - Great illustrations and tons of occupations to discuss and learn about.
11) Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina - Another classic that will never grow old. We all love to pretend to be the pesky monkeys!
12) Life-Size Zoo by Teruyuki Komiya - Amazing photographs that show the scale of animals, with fun facts about each one.
Looking for ways to get your kids more excited about books? Try mixing in toys and decorative elements to create fun, imaginative worlds on their bookshelves. We're sharing some of our favorite styling tips for kids' books over on Handmade Charlotte!
We'd love to hear your favorite children's books! Be sure to stop by our Facebook page and join the discussion.