We're getting ready to launch an exciting new motherhood series on the blog, but first, we wanted to do a little something special for the dads! Father's Day is coming up fast and, while we're sure he'd love another tie, why not have the kids surprise him with something handmade (or hand-colored at least)?
We whipped up four free Father's Day printables for your family to download, print, color & present to Dad, either as a gift or as decoration around the house! Here are some fun ideas for incorporating them into your Father's Day celebration:
- Pick up a great frame (we love the West Elm Gallery Frames) so Dad can hang his new artwork in his office.
- Cover the fridge in the colored pages. They'll be one of the first things he sees on Father's Day morning.
- Have your kids decorate the prints and write a special message to Dad on the back of each page. Then, compile them into a little book for him to keep. The ultimate Father's Day card!
- Punch holes in the top corners and string the pages on twine for a homemade Father's Day banner.
- Use them to wrap Dad's gift.
- Have your kids color ahead of time and pop each print in the mail in the days leading up to Father's Day. They'll love putting together surprise packages for Dad and watching him open the envelopes each night!